To kick off our UK and USA Aviation and Train Tour, we flew with QANTAS on QF93 in Business Class. As an added treat, we few on VH-ZNJ (100th Anniversary Livery). With only a slight delay of about 25min (Sched: 2110 Actual: 2135) we were on our way. I was sitting in 1A and my dad in 12A. Something to note in 12A is that you have no overhead storage locker, as it is over the Business Class/Premium Economy divider. We noted that the overhead storage locker for 12E is also locked out as unavailable.
Shortly after take-off, we were served dinner curated by Neil Perry which was an option of:
- Plant Based Dining – caramelised potato gratin with peas, mushrooms and roasted fennel
- Zucchini and basil soup with parmesan croute
- Sandwich of slow cooked chipotle lamb with sweet onions, mint salsa and jasmine rice
- Liangxi style Humpty Doo barramundi with seasonal greens, sesame seeds and jasmine rice
- Beef fillet with Paris mash, green beans and salsa verde (my choice)
All dishes were served with Green leaf salad with Neil’s vinaigrette.
To finish, we were offered:
- Selection of cheese served with accompaniments
- Vanilla creme caramel
- Maggie Beer ice cream – Burnt Fig, Honeycomb & Caramel (my choice)
- Seasonal fruit
After dinner we hit the hay on the lay flat beds for a much needed rest!